Since 2001, I have written or edited funding applications that have raised more than $22 million in new and continued funding for HIV prevention, substance abuse services, senior services, youth programming, minority health initiatives, the arts, and many other areas. My 20-year track record in writing winning proposals has fueled this success.
I am proficient in writing highly competitive grant applications for corporate, foundation, and government funders. This includes federal grant applications and “boilerplate language” that can be used for multiple applications. I also offer:
- Editorial services to enhance an existing application or whittle it down to the requisite length without losing core content
- Help in shaping the arguments to be put forth in a given application
- Research to provide evidence of the need for the services proposed in your application
- Assistance in coordinating the activities of staff members and consultants who are contributing information to or writing certain portions of the application
- Tailored research on potential funding opportunities
- Technical assistance to help your staff develop successful grant applications
- Specialized grantwriting services for foundations and philanthropic entities
Other Fundraising-Related Services
I write and edit many other types of fundraising-related materials, including:
- Marketing materials for capital campaigns
- Direct mail appeals (in print and online formats)
- Materials for special events (commemorative journals, invitations, silent auction descriptions, plaques, speeches, etc.)
- Funding reports and updates
See a list of clients that have used my grantwriting and other fundraising-related services.